Friday, April 20, 2012

Gu 4H trade update

Closed the trade when price closed above the high of the fake out bar.

In all honesty it was a good setup. Price went our way and then quickly pulled back to our entry point (at the HHR) as it so often does. After 5 consecutive unsuccessful attempts at trying to close above it finally was able to do it on the 5th push.

Some may argue I may have pulled my stop at least to a BE after that first red bar in my direction but I was committed to seeing price hit at least 1.6. As it is this method is not one where you'll go very far following a strategy where you want to quickly pull all the risk of the table. Some of these can be 'real testers' and that's where you have to be strong mentally.


g.

3 comments:

  1. Got stopped out too !!! Happens !!! ( Alot to me lately )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ghous it may look a nice setup for u and surely it would be. although the bearish bar right after the arrow (bull bar)justifies resistance line as well as cool high after a nice space,but i do not understand why would u go for a short entry as there is no James16 price action indicaion. i.e. pinBar, Beob, buob etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Admin,

      This was a fake out trade. This is not conventional James16 trading in the sense that I am not only on the look out for PA setups. I am trading a 'pattern' in the market known as the fake out.

      Kindly visit the "how I trade" section for more info on this trading methodology.

      Get back to me with questions either here or at the group.

      g.

      Delete