Wednesday, May 2, 2012

CAD/CHF 4H short

ENTRY:

Pretty self explanatory I guess...











 

UPDATE 1:


Price hits the FTA. Stop is now at BE. You gotta love these swinging markets. They can be lucrative but also tricky to trade in.

Hoping for a 4H close below the marked FTA.












FINAL UPDATE:


Stopped out at BE. :(

While I obviously didn't "lose" money this is still very much a loss, and a pathetically managed trade in my book.

It basically highlights the fickle nature of trading in a sideways market. The trick is always to never lose sight of your trouble areas...minor and major both.

I feel I am too desperate for a runner in that I just hope for my trades to go to the moon all the time. That's right I said "Hope".

I can only bring this down to "empty hoping" when I see a trade in a sideways market hit an obvious FTA at 2 x my initial risk and thendo nothing but set a stop to BE to watch it bounce off it big time and take me out.

Costly lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment