Wednesday, May 23, 2012

USD/CHF 4H SHORT

A setup similar to the NZD/JPY setup. This time we have a short setup off of an HHR straddling a big round number the 9500.

We also have divergence across various oscillators on both setups such as on the macd (not shown in the chart)

entry on the pul back to the HHR











This just took off in the wrong direction. The HHR is a very strong area. The thrust was powerful and there is a strong chance this area will now hold as support. A losing trade.

The rules suggest I need to wait for the 4H to close before I make a decision. This strong push on has made me cut this trade out for just under -2R.




3 comments:

  1. looks like your time of closing candles is different then james16 uses at this chat. I looked at my charts and found it's different in my mt4 platform

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey witness,

      Because fx is a decentralized market there is no "official" bar close and brokers tend to go with their own time settings for the 4h and daily closes.

      This means that different broker feeds may show different candles based on when the candles close.

      This should explain the visual difference between my and your chart's candles.

      g.

      Delete